John PAGE

Family tree of John PAGE

American politician, Industrialist, Businessman

AmericanBorn John PAGE

American merchant in Middle Plantation on the Virginia Peninsula, a member of the Virginia House of Burgesses and the Council of the Virginia Colony

Born on December 26, 1628 in Bedfont, Middlesex, England , United Kingdom

Died on January 23, 1692 in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA

Family tree

Report an error

This form allows you to report an error or to submit additional information about this family tree: John PAGE (1628)

More information

John Page was born in Bedfont, Middlesex, England. His father, Francis Page (1595–1678), is buried in the chancel of St. Mary the Virgin, East Bedfont, Middlesex, England; there is a memorial, placed by his son John Page, bearing a verse and the family arms. John Page's niece Mary Whaley (daughter of his brother Matthew and wife of James Whaley of Bruton Parish, York County, Virginia) is buried in the churchyard.



John Page became a merchant, and emigrated to the Virginia colony; his sister Elizabeth (wife of Edward Digges) and brother Matthew also emigrated to Virginia. In about 1656, John Page married Alice Lukin, (1625–1698) perhaps the daughter of Edward Lukin, a Virginia Company shareholder. The Pages originally lived in the New Towne section at Jamestown.

...   John Page was born in Bedfont, Middlesex, England. His father, Francis Page (1595–1678), is buried in the chancel of St. Mary the Virgin, East Bedfont, Middlesex, England; there is a memorial, placed by his son John Page, bearing a verse and the family arms. John Page's niece Mary Whaley (daughter of his brother Matthew and wife of James Whaley of Bruton Parish, York County, Virginia) is buried in the churchyard.



John Page became a merchant, and emigrated to the Virginia colony; his sister Elizabeth (wife of Edward Digges) and brother Matthew also emigrated to Virginia. In about 1656, John Page married Alice Lukin, (1625–1698) perhaps the daughter of Edward Lukin, a Virginia Company shareholder. The Pages originally lived in the New Towne section at Jamestown.



The Pages settled in York County in 1655. In 1662, the Pages had a large brick cross-plan house built in nearby Middle Plantation. A wealthy landowner, Page owned 330 acres (1.3 km²) in Middle Plantation, including much of what is now Duke of Gloucester Street, Nicholson Street, and part of Francis Street in the restored area of Colonial Williamsburg. In 1672, Page patented 3600 acres (15 km²) in New Kent County which became Mehixton Plantation. He donated land and £20 for the first brick Bruton Parish Church which was completed in 1683, and was located immediately adjacent to the site of the present larger restored structure. In 1683, he came into possession of a tract of land which originally belonged to his brother Matthew in James City County known as Neck of Land. It is also known that he owned property at Jamestown in New Towne section.



© Copyright Wikipédia authors - This article is under licence CC BY-SA 3.0


 

Geographical origins

The map below shows the places where the ancestors of the famous person lived.

Loading... An error has occured while loading the map.